Southborough Community Fund Grants
As a fund of the Foundation for MetroWest, the Southborough Community Fund (SCF) is a source of funding to support community needs and opportunities in the areas of Human Services, Arts & Culture, Environment, Community Building, and Education, and provides ways for residents to make an immediate impact in their community. The SCF, with the leadership, expertise and support of the Foundation, will provide a source of funding exclusively for the town of Southborough. It is the Community Board’s goal to fund projects that bring innovative thinking to big issues and small ones – for the benefit of Southborough.
SCF Community Grant Program
Through its annual Community Grant program, SCF supports organizations that create solutions for current needs and implement new ideas that will improve Southborough for the future.
- Monday, August 15, 9:00am – Application opens online
- Friday, September 9, 5:00pm – Application deadline
- Mid-September through Mid-October – Potential Follow-Up Meetings with Applicants
- End of October/Early November – Applicants notified of decision
Additional details, including funding priorities and eligibility requirements, are available here.
If you have questions regarding the eligibility or suitability of your proposal, we encourage you to email [email protected] as early as possible to schedule a time to discuss.
Southborough Community Fund Education Mini-Grants
Southborough Community Fund will accept education mini-grant requests on a rolling basis for initiatives or programs that total $750 or less. The mini-grant requests must enhance the educational experience of students in Southborough Public Schools.
SCF will give grant proposal priority to:
- Innovative and creative ideas
- Ideas that will significantly enhance the educational experience or process
- Ideas that will benefit present and future students
- Ideas that will make a direct and immediate impact on a wide range of students
- Programs that are not typically funded by school budget (i.e. books and electronic devices)
To apply for a mini-grant ($750 or less), please email answers to the following questions to [email protected].
- Contact name and email address
- School(s) to be impacted by this request (Finn, Woodward, Neary, Trottier, Algonquin Regional)
- Project title
- Project description (please include ALL details pertinent for the Board to fully understand your project)
- Project goals
- Approximate number of students who will benefit
- Estimated cost (breakdown of all requested expenses)
- Yes or No:
- Have you researched the best price?
- Do you have Principal approval?
- If approved, are you willing to recognize SCF on social media and/or provide feedback to SCF in regard to this grant?
Southborough Community Foundation Education Grants
The 2022 Southborough Community Fund Education Grant Program is closed. Please check back for updates regarding future funding opportunities.
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].
Please note that SCF will NOT support:
- Teacher training or professional development
- Salaried positions
- Programs or equipment not supported by the school district
- Field trips
- Funding beyond initial Grant Award (i.e. programs that need ongoing support)