Your Community Foundation
The Foundation for MetroWest is a community foundation that improves the quality of life in 30+ MetroWest communities. Since 1995 the Foundation has been providing financial and educational resources to local nonprofit organizations, sharing essential data about the region to inform decisions, and partnering with donors to help guide and align their giving with the areas of greatest need in the community.
The Foundation is supported by a range of businesses, individuals, and other philanthropic organizations. Currently the Foundation stewards more than $30 million in charitable assets for immediate needs and future impact.
Watch our video to learn more about the Foundation
Read our Summer/Fall Impact Report
We are here to help anyone that is looking to do something good for their community, by:
- Connecting people with common interests and common goals to one another, and showing them where donations can have the greatest impact.
- Working with the nonprofits in the area – making connections, encouraging partnerships, and building relationships.
- Offering trainings and workshops for anyone connected to the organizations serving our region, helping everyone work more efficiently and effectively – together.
We are more powerful and more impactful when we work together as a community.
What We Do
- We help donors plan and carry out their charitable giving, whether they already know where they want to give or need assistance identifying local needs.
- We partner with others across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors, bringing a consistent and knowledgeable voice to critical civic issues.
- We manage funds and for both donors and nonprofits, reducing administrative costs while increasing tax advantages.
- We provide resources and information to the public to help shine a light on the strengths and challenges that face our communities in MetroWest.
- We offer programs for individuals, youth and nonprofits to learn, grow and build skills to better serve our communities.
Impact and Initiatives
Our philosophy is simple: you can make a world of difference in your own backyard. The Foundation for MetroWest is designed to make giving easy and effective. Your gift helps improve the quality of life in your community, and we can help make it happen. Like you, we are committed to strengthening our community. We understand the unique needs of our region and are dedicated to addressing these needs and challenges.
We are improving and enhancing our region through a variety of initiatives including our Regional Competitive Grant Program, Impact MetroWest, Youth in Philanthropy Program, Workforce Development Project and the Equity in Education Project.
Communities We Serve
What is considered MetroWest? We serve 33 towns loosely bound by Routes 128 and 495 on the east and west, Route 2 on the north and Route 109 on the south.
For Donors and Fundholders
Regardless of what issue moves you to take action, we can help you find or create a resource for transforming your charitable dream into a meaningful reality that evolves with you, your family, and your needs.
We understand that every individual, family, and corporate donor has unique interests, assets, and circumstances, and we are dedicated to maximizing the impact of their generous gifts. That is why our services are highly tailored and flexible – from assistance identifying a cause, to researching nonprofits and making site visits. We meet you wherever you are on your journey. We are a single source of information about the needs of the community, the organizations that can most effectively meet those needs, and where charitable contributions can have the greatest impact and provide you with the most tax advantages.